Please notice our "What's Hot" link near the top of the menu on the left. This is where we post updates to emergent or changing animal health situations. Notice also on that page a button to sign up for e-mail updates if you wish to receive occasional e-mail blasts as developments warrant.
Here are some tips to help you find what you are looking for on our site:
- Try the search button in the upper right. For cattle import requirements, for example, try typing "cattle import". As with internet searches in general, follow the "less is more" rule. That is, type less in the search box to get more results.
- The menu choices to the left are broad categories. Choose the one that is likely to contain what you are looking for. For example, for cattle import requirements you would choose "Import / Export / Exhibition and go from there.
- Almost every page has a Page Menu which lists all of the section headings on that page. You can use that to jump to the section you need. See the Page Menu button centered in the green section straight above.
- When you get down below the left hand menu or if you are on a mobile device, an icon appears in the upper left to allow you to pull that menu down.
- To schedule a brand inspection, click "Personnel Directory" and click on the map where you need the inspection.
- Statutes and Rules are found under the main menu choice "Links and Documents."
Use the link on the right to order brand books using your credit or debit card and we'll ship them to you. If you prefer to print out an order form and pay by check, Click Here.
The every-three-year renewal period for livestock brands has been completed. This means that brands with a 2014 expiration date are now considered expired, and those brand owners may not ship livestock with those brands. You may bring them up-to-date now by clicking the "Renew your Brand" button on the right. It will step you through the process of renewing using a card. If you prefer to print a form and send it in with a check, click here for the form. Using either method, you can now register for 3,6,9 or 12 years at once to avoid going though this process every three years.
Brands that expired in 2008 are now considered terminated. This means that they cannot be renewed, and those images are no longer considered when researching brands for conflicts. Those brand owners who wish to renew with that image must start over and apply for it as a new brand.
Brands that expired in 2011 remain in an expired state, but are not terminated until 2017. This means that they are still considered to be existing brands when we are researching new brand images, but livestock with those brands will not pass inspection and will not be allowed to ship. To renew these brands, you must pay both for the lapsed renewal period and the current renewal period, a total of $200.
For more information, visit our Brand Department page.
To aquire a livestock entry permit 24 hours / 7 days a week, please use the "NM Entry Permits" menu choice on the left to create permits yourself online. Please note that all horses, mules, asses, cattle and bison entering NM from another state must have an entry permit.
If you prefer to use the telephone, call (800) 432-6889 and you will be directed to a live representative who will provide you with an entry permit number. Please have an accurate origination and destination address including zip code to obtain a permit.
*Note: The 800 number listed above is only for entry permits. Any other inquiries or matters should be directed to (505) 841-6161.
300 San Mateo NE
Albuquerque, NM 87108-1500 Directions and map
Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Mountain Time)
Phone: (505) 841-6161
Fax: (505) 841-6160
Entry Permit Line: (800) 432-6889
Our office is located on the NE corner of Central and San Mateo in Albuquerque, NM. We are on the 10th floor of the building located just north of the Bank of the West building. Parking is located off of San Mateo in between the two high rise buildings. Please take the elevator to the 9th floor and follow the stairs right up to our foyer. A small elevator is available, if needed, to reach our office on the 10th floor. Office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. We are open during the lunch hour. Click on the map below for more detail.