IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING NMLB’s ALBUQUERQUE OFFICE
***Effective immediately*** all in person services at the administrative office of the New Mexico Livestock Board are closed to the public until further notice. Our phone lines will remain open for customer service.
There are services that can be performed on our website:
- Review Updates on Animal Health
- Entry Permit Information and Requirements
- Brand Renewals
- Brand Searches
- Print Brand Applications and Submit by Mail
- Print Brand Transfer Forms and Submit by Mail
- Find Statutes and Rules Related to Livestock in NM
All services (including phone) at the administrative office will be closed on Monday January 18th in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. This will not affect the entry permit line.
Please notice our "What's New" link near the top of the menu on the left. This is where we post updates to emergent or changing animal health situations and other general updates. Notice also on that page a button to sign up for e-mail updates if you wish to receive occasional e-mail blasts as developments warrant.
Here are some tips to help you find what you are looking for on our site:
- Try the search button in the upper right. For cattle import requirements, for example, try typing "cattle import". As with internet searches in general, follow the "less is more" rule. That is, type less in the search box to get more results.
- The menu choices to the left are broad categories. Choose the one that is likely to contain what you are looking for. For example, for cattle import requirements you would choose "Import / Export / Exhibition and go from there.
- Almost every page has a Page Menu which lists all of the section headings on that page. You can use that to jump to the section you need. See the Page Menu button centered in the green section straight above.
- When you get down below the left hand menu or if you are on a mobile device, an icon appears in the upper left to allow you to pull that menu down.
- To schedule a brand inspection, click "Personnel Directory" and click on the map where you need the inspection.
- Statutes and Rules are found under the main menu choice "Links and Documents."
To aquire a livestock entry permit 24 hours / 7 days a week, please use the "NM Entry Permits" menu choice on the left to create permits yourself online. Please note that all horses, mules, asses, cattle and bison entering NM from another state must have an entry permit.
If you prefer to use the telephone, call (800) 432-6889 and you will be directed to a live representative who will provide you with an entry permit number. Please have your NAN (National Accreditation Number) ready to give to the representative. Please have an accurate origination and destination address including zip code to obtain a permit.
*Note: The 800 number listed above is only for entry permits. Any other inquiries or matters should be directed to (505) 841-6161.
300 San Mateo NE
Albuquerque, NM 87108-1500 Directions and map
Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (Mountain Time)
Phone: (505) 841-6161
Fax: (505) 841-6160
Entry Permit Line: (800) 432-6889
Our office is located on the NE corner of Central and San Mateo in Albuquerque, NM. We are on the 10th floor of the building located just north of the Bank of the West building. Parking is located off of San Mateo in between the two high rise buildings. Please take the elevator to the 9th floor and follow the stairs right up to our foyer. A small elevator is available, if needed, to reach our office on the 10th floor. Our office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. We are open during the lunch hour. Click on the map below for more detail.